Phone running hot.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I just updated the IOS on my SE phone to IOS 10.3.1. After doing that, the phone became quite warm to the touch. It appears to be cooling down now. Is that normal after an IOS update?

Thanks

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed on my 6s that when I plug into pc and do a update it does get warm while working to update however I do not think it's something to be overly concerned about .

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
For sure doing an update will cause the phone to heatup somewhat. Also as developers update their apps and you download those updates in bunches your phone may heatup again. This is normal. Monitor, of course, but don't be too alarmed. :)

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
For sure doing an update will cause the phone to heatup somewhat. Also as developers update their apps and you download those updates in bunches your phone may heatup again. This is normal. Monitor, of course, but don't be too alarmed. :)

Thanks. It's back to normal now. And it even recovered 4GB's of memory too. 👍

SVP

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's normal. I experience this with updates as well some. Could be some apps running in the background a lot adjusting to the new OS. I also sometimes experience a faster than normal battery discharge. It should work itself out.