MadMax_RW

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I keep seeing all of these ads for vpn services..the one I have now keeps turning off after a while or if I reset my phone..are there any out there that will stay on so I don't have to keep going into settings all of the time?

MacSmiley

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I keep seeing all of these ads for vpn services..the one I have now keeps turning off after a while or if I reset my phone..are there any out there that will stay on so I don't have to keep going into settings all of the time?

I don't trust ads for VPNs. Have you tried Opera VPN?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I use VPN Unlimited and it's working pretty good for me. HOWEVER of course it shuts off on a restart, BUT you just restart the app and it takes you right back to the Country you were last set for. :) It's pretty stable during use while the phone is on, and you get a status report (usage % listed anyways for each of the servers you can choose, and they have loads of them!) Often you can find it on sale via Mobile Nations Digital Deals. :) I DO trust Digital Deals. :)

https://digitaloffers.imore.com/best-sellers?utm_mona=UUimUvbUpU2881672

They DO have it on sale right now bundled with another app from the same developer....

https://digitaloffers.imore.com/sal...ubscription-bundle?utm_mona=UUimUvbUpU2881672

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
anyone know if VPN unlimited works well with Netflix or streaming services?

does VPN unlimited slow down your speed?

do they really keep any of your data or info?

just curious

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
anyone know if VPN unlimited works well with Netflix or streaming services?

does VPN unlimited slow down your speed?

do they really keep any of your data or info?

just curious

Coincidentally I just started using VPN Unlimited yesterday. I see a slight speed difference but nothing crazy.

WITHOUT VPN:
314ef8e31ab36d38c00fe25b85f15a2d.png

WITH VPN:
48328e3b2f39bf98b87ff861beb5dfc2.png

Unfortunately Netflix doesn't like it. I get this message on my iPhone:
95c0ace844cb72cf7ae69bd9cbf9a4d9.png

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
hey thanks I found out it doesn't work with netflix. Also on mac or ios it is not as secure like with windows, android and linux. apparently on those platforms it uses openVPN vs PPTP or L2TP/IP sec connections which is supposedly easier to crack.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
apparently on those platforms it uses openVPN vs PPTP or L2TP/IP sec connections which is supposedly easier to crack.

Yeah that's above my pay grade . It's safer than nothing and for $39 it seemed like a wise investment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2