Why does my Laptop not recognize iPhone but iTunes does?

I

iMore Question

I want to get some pictures & movies off my iPhone 5S running iOS10.1.1. My Asus ROG laptop doesn't have my iPhone show up in "This Computer" when I plugged it in. I have no "errors" in Device Manager. I go to iTunes & it sees the phone just fine. I plugged my phone into a different laptop then desktop & both showed they can see the phone & the internal drive. However when you click on the drive its says its empty.

So I have a few questions.
-Why would my laptop not see the plugged in phone but iTunes does?
-Why would my laptop not see the plugged in phone but 2 other computers do?
-Why could the 2 others computers see the iPhone & show it only has 156MB free but when you click on the drive it says is empty?
-Also why do the computers say I only have 156MB free, the phone says 165MB but iTunes says 1.7GB?
Thanks for the help!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I had this exact same problem a few weeks back. Now I'm having the opposite problem - the laptop I would normally use to sync my iPhone recognizes that it's connected, but iTunes won't detect it. Both these issues happened on my Windows 7 laptop. The MacBook Pro I'm typing this on instantly recognizes the iPhone, so I've since switched to it for syncing.

I was able to fix the problem that you had when I experienced it. I had to run Driver Booster. After that, when I next connected my iPhone, the computer detected it. I guess you could try updating your drivers. It's clearly a problem with the computer.

Not sure about the answers to your other questions, sorry.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77