• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Best RSS apps for iOS

sergeykrasilnik

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
What are the best RSS apps for iOS (except Reeder app) do you know and use? I would like an app that remembers article position just like Instapaper do and maybe an audio support. I listen to just two podcasts and I don't want to use a whole podcast app for it, I want to listen to them right in the RSS app.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
There's a new app called Nuzzel. It aggregates news from what you follow on Twitter. For instance if you follow an astrophysicist like Neil DeGrasse Tyson it will show you news articles related to science/astronomy. I follow a lot of tech people so I get a lot of tech news.

I've just had it a couple of days but really like it so far. Heard about it on the TWIT podcast.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What are the best RSS apps for iOS (except Reeder app) do you know and use? I would like an app that remembers article position just like Instapaper do and maybe an audio support. I listen to just two podcasts and I don't want to use a whole podcast app for it, I want to listen to them right in the RSS app.

Being that you stated "except Reeder", I recommend Feeddler RSS Reader Pro 2. Before using the Reeder app, Feeddler Pro was my go-to RSS reader.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Being that you stated "except Reeder", I recommend Feeddler RSS Reader Pro 2. Before using the Reeder app, Feeddler Pro was my go-to RSS reader.

I'll chime in for Feedler Pro. Since my recent switch to iOS for my everyday device, it's been my go-to. And I've tried about a dozen RSS readers and it's my favorite.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll chime in for Feedler Pro. Since my recent switch to iOS for my everyday device, it's been my go-to. And I've tried about a dozen RSS readers and it's my favorite.

To be honest, I don't recall the primary reason I switched from using it, but I faintly recall it not supporting something I was testing out at the time.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I don't recall the primary reason I switched from using it, but I faintly recall it not supporting something I was testing out at the time.

I quite like it. If only it allowed swipe gestures to mark as read and star articles within a list, it would be nearly perfect. That's a feature I miss from my favorite Android RSS reader FeedlyReader (a Feedly-compatible app, not to be confused with the Feedly app).