Migrating Completely Over To Apple - Feedback On My Plan Requested Please

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I've got an idea & I want to get some thoughts on it & see if my idea is crazy or not.

I originally bought a Surface Pro 3 a couple years ago to be my only machine to use. It worked great. Still, I found that Windows 10 is not as touch optimized as I'd like. I've also have grown tired of the tactics that Microsoft uses as of late & I've had many problems with Windows 10. (The main problems has to do with credentials, which I know not everyone is having that issue)

Anyway...I still need a machine that has more horsepower, that can have my big monitor, keyboard, mouse...etc plug into it. I want out of the Windows ecosystem, but I'm willing to stay.

My idea is this & let me know if it's crazy or not. I have the iPad Pro 9.7 & it is my daily driver. It fits most of my needs. I love using it & it usually runs smooth as butter & the battery life is wonderful. I use the pencil most of the time.

I'm thinking about getting just the bottom of the line Mac Mini to replace my Surface so that I can still sync my iPhone & iPad to it. I love the idea of moving to a new ecosystem - I've never owned a Mac. I would only be doing minor image, audio, or video editing & that would be rare. I mostly use MS Word & OneNote...I can easily install that on the Mini.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone done this? I know some of you have the Surface & love it... It's great, but... Anyway :)

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have both systems and work with both, I transfer stuff to and from my Mac and Windows machine, I use cloud with Mac and Windows, I have just been using Mac for about six months but am well used to working with both, though was a little apprehensive to begin with, having been a Windows guy all my computing life, even my phone was Windows, not now, iPhone, iPad's and MacBook, but still use my Windows 10 machine every day too.

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey jimkra — Thanks for your input. I too have been a strong Windows user for a looong time. I also have had a couple of Windows Phones for a couple of years. I was hoping to limit my devices to only three (Which does include my iPhone). Are there specific reasons why you would use your Win 10 machine everyday & not be willing to let it go? Like software or some other reason.

Before taking the leap, I wanted to know if it's worth it. I was also hoping to sell my Surface while it still has some value, but I know computers lose their value pretty quick these days...Especially Windows machines...Especially my Windows Phone :(

Thanks again!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2