music library reset to a previous point in time

I

iMore Question

So this just happened.. I had my iPhone 6 connected to my Mac, trying to recover some deleted photos (didn't manage).

When I checked my music library this morning, I was shocked to see that the 'last added' songs were form like 3-4 months ago.

I have no idea what happened, I never fully understood iTunes, iCloud and all things related and I never used it either.

Can someone explain to me how I can get my music library back ? It's quite serious, as I don't have those files on my notebook anymore either..
I am sure I didn't click on any syncing, that would override my local iPhone data...

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your problem, but if you've enabled iCloud Music Library on your device then the songs & playlists that you've acquired via Music should be readily available to you.

McCloud94

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
well, I always transfer my music onto the iPhone using iMazing... I have no idea what got messed up now, maybe the apple music backup somehow overridden the actual content on the phone ?

In the 'last added' list, I see songs that were added couple months back, and all the more current ones are missing.