I have stored PDF attachments ( like bills receipts etc ) for my emails in iBook app on my iPad. They have all disappeared along with the books I have purchased and down loaded. All,the folders are empty but the folders I created to store different bills are all there. When I check for purchased books also I am not getting the list of books I purchased through iBooks. I routinely back up my iPad to the Mac via cable. But it seems I book items are not usually backed up in theses back ups ( according to the apple tech representative I talked to ) this has happened to me more than once. I am wondering if you are aware of this possibility and have a solution. Am I doing something wrong?
    10-30-2016 12:09 PM
    When you're looking in your iBooks app, at the very top center it probably says "All Books". Click that and make sure "Hide iCloud Books" is unchecked.

I could be way off but that was my first thought reading your question.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-30-2016 08:23 PM
    ‘When you're looking in your iBooks app, at the very top center it probably says "All Books". Click that and make sure "Hide iCloud Books" is unchecked.

I could be way off but that was my first thought reading your question.’

I tried this and my ‘hide iCloud books’ button is not checked. I also have it listed as an iCloud backed up app.
    01-18-2018 09:16 AM
    Does anyone else have a solution for PDFs disappearing from iBooks? My purchased books do show up but other docs, such as receipts, account statements and craft patterns saved in iBooks are gone.
    01-18-2018 09:18 AM
    After reading this, I checked, and I can see all of the files I've stored in iBooks. If you backup to iCloud, you might check there? I hope you can find them... that's really frustrating.
    01-18-2018 09:40 AM
    I have just looked and over fifty% of my pdf’s only show on my oldest device !?
    01-23-2018 11:23 AM
    You might want to check with Apple Support...
    01-23-2018 11:29 AM
    They may be in iCloud, and you have to download them again. My pdfs disappear a lot. Sometimes I can't download them as they get grayed out. Doing a back up sometimes works. Signing out of iCloud, then signing back in sometimes works. Not sure why this happens.
    01-23-2018 11:49 AM
    I have had this problem for a while now and nothing helped. I tried signing in and out of iCloud, deleting the app and downloading it again, restating my phone. It did nothing. As a last ditch effort I just checked for a new update and 11.2.5 was available. I downloaded it and my PDFs that were missing reappeared. I never comment on threads, but I know how frustrating this was for me. I hope this helps!
    01-27-2018 11:33 PM