i need more storage

I

iMore Question

hey

i had an iphone 4s 8GB for two years. now i noticed how phone constatly complains about storage. not big deal at first, it has happened me before too. so i did what i usually do. (open the software update search at settings, i wait till it crashhes, if not i try again. when it crashes on home page my apps start to get dark for couple seconds which is probably some kind of updating thing. then i have 1gb again on my usage. but this wasnt the case this time. nothing happened. zero bites.

i tried some other tricks with no succees and rebooting too. i dont know what to do at this point. i dont have a single unnecessary bite used, my pictures in photos and wapp are all very important, nothing else.

phone says that there is 0 bytes i can use and 5,3 gt used, so rest of the bytes are software etc right?

my storage looks like this:

wapp 700mt

photos 300mt

gmaps 200mt

snap 100mt

messenger 100mt

twitter 100mt

games 200mt total

kik + news app 100mt

music total 50mt

instagram 40mt

other 50mt

so that makes only about 2gb, somethings wrong? or is that really the amount for storage to use?

i'll try to sync with laptop now if it helps. post suggestions what should i do if you can, thanks!

Ps: i have no m?ney for new phone, studies and summer took all my money

sorry for grammar mistakes, i am pretty young and not a native speaker. ios8.41

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Make an encrypted backup with iTunes, restore your iPhone then to that backup. This is the safest way to keep your media and delete all unnecessary cache.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget messages take up space, especially ones with photos and videos. Also, be sure to delete all photos in the "recently deleted" album. They take up space.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2