How to get calendar updates

anon(5600632)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I use google calendar - I run the gcal app and the regular iOS app side by side, but both are synced ONLY with my google calendar.
I get an invite from an iCloud calendar user in my email inbox. The new event goes perfectly onto my Google Calendar.

HOWEVER, when they send an update, I get the email but the calendar does not update. And since calendar events created by invites are read only, I can't manually update it.
Any way to fix this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, someone who uses Google Calendar and knows the answer to your question will reply soon.

anon(5600632)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Android used to have the same problem. First there were 3rd party apps to fix it, eventually Gmail fixed it. But neither Gmail nor Inbox by Gmail enabled me to fix this on my iPhone. Certainly my biggest snag so far in the switch from Android to iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Android used to have the same problem. First there were 3rd party apps to fix it, eventually Gmail fixed it. But neither Gmail nor Inbox by Gmail enabled me to fix this on my iPhone. Certainly my biggest snag so far in the switch from Android to iPhone.

So when you tap to "Accept" in the email, it doesn't go in the Calendar?

anon(5600632)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
The google calendar otherwise syncs perfectly on the iPhone. Every invitation that comes to gmail (via the Outlook mail app) gets added. It is only the updates to previously accepted invitations that don't work. Even if I RSVP to accept the update, the original calendar entry remains unchanged.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2