I was notified that my iPhone got a virus. What should I do

I

iMore Question

I was on website and I was notified that I got a virus on my iPhone and then I was redirected to my imessages and told to text the number I have a virus on my iPhone

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well hopefully you didn't do that. Personally I would do a force close of safari then a hard reset of phone. I also would avoid that website you were on.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like some sort of phishing scam to me. Do not text that number sent to you. If you already have, I think you should change your Apple ID password to try to protect your information.

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I was on website and I was notified that I got a virus on my iPhone and then I was redirected to my imessages and told to text the number I have a virus on my iPhone

I hope you didn't click that? You can't get a virus on your iPhone, but you just may get a charge to your cell bill.

Never click or tap on anything in an email or text on any device you use if you do not know who it is from. And even then I do not recommend it.

Even if it is from your bank or example PayPal - YOU use your browsers, YOU type in PayPal dot com - so you know you are not being redirected. DO NOT clicks links.

And then if you are on ATT, forward spam text messages to ATT at 7726. Just those 4 digits. Call ATT and tell them you got spam and ask them to block the ability to be charged on messages. And also login to your account and you can manage who and what messages are sent to you. This is for ATT. I do not know how other carriers work.

Ian_Leo

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Apple devices are usually safe from viruses until they are jailbroken. Resetting your iPhone/iPad completely isn’t done as easily as you normally would on other devices running on other platforms like Android. There is an option, however, to reset the settings for your device. This is done by going to Settings > General > Reset. You’ll then see a warning that says “Erase All Content and Settings,” so before you actually proceed into resetting your device it would be best to back it up on iCloud first, or through your computer — which is a lot safer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77