Photos not editing correctly iOS 9.3.1

anon(9022199)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
So recent issue I've having is when I try to edit a photo in my camera roll once pressing "done" after doing the editing the photo just goes back to the original photo and the thumbnail for that photo goes grey. Only way to stop it from going grey is to go back into the editing section and selecting "Revert"

I've tried a backup to iCloud and restored it and same issue still accurates. Anybody else had this issue before?

Thanks in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm currently using iOS 9.3.2 (beta), I'm not having any editing issues and I wasn't having any with iOS 9.3.1.

anon(9022199)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm just praying it's an iOS issue or something because I'm really trying to dodge the dreaded "restore from new" because of all the hassle :( all I've had is issues with iOS 9 on this iPhone 6S. Hoping in iOS 9.3.2 it fixes itself somehow.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm just praying it's an iOS issue or something because I'm really trying to dodge the dreaded "restore from new" because of all the hassle :( all I've had is issues with iOS 9 on this iPhone 6S. Hoping in iOS 9.3.2 it fixes itself somehow.

If you set up your phone with a back up, then an update may not help. If it doesn't, you probably will need to restore as new. It may be the only way. It's a bit of trouble, but it's worth it. It was for me. It took me 3 days of work to get my 6s Plus back in order. But I would do it again. I'll most likely set up iOS 10 as new. I dread it, but I don't want any issues from a back up.

anon(9022199)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
If you set up your phone with a back up, then an update may not help. If it doesn't, you probably will need to restore as new. It may be the only way. It's a bit of trouble, but it's worth it. It was for me. It took me 3 days of work to get my 6s Plus back in order. But I would do it again. I'll most likely set up iOS 10 as new. I dread it, but I don't want any issues from a back up.

If that does end up being my only option which by the looks of it will most properly will be. Did you just backup your photos and redownload your apps? Because I'm 99% sure that you lose the likes of texts, voicemails, in app data etc. Is that correct?

Most annoying part is that the software runs fine it's just literally that photos issue which I recently discovered :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If that does end up being my only option which by the looks of it will most properly will be. Did you just backup your photos and redownload your apps? Because I'm 99% sure that you lose the likes of texts, voicemails, in app data etc. Is that correct?

Most annoying part is that the software runs fine it's just literally that photos issue which I recently discovered :(

Just back up photos to your computer or to cloud based apps like Box and Dropbox. You don't really lose much from apps. Some game stuff. But not those with log ins like Words With Friends and Trivia Crack. If you have any messages to keep, take screenshots and upload with photos. Notes, Calendar, Reminders will be OK. Make sure Notes are iCloud. The hardest for me was setting everything up. Like logging in to everything. Facebook, Twitter, 1Password, etc. If you have a password keeper, that would be one of the first to download and log in. If you use widgets in the Notification Center, they'll have to be set up. Voicemail should be OK. That's a carrier thing. Bookmarks in Safari should be OK. Keychain and text replacements should be OK. There's work to it, but you don't have to do it all at one time. Prioritize.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2