Anti virus or malware protection

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Also as long as you do not open any web pages that are send in any messages.

Sites that phish for your info are not Malware or a virus. They're just bad guys trying to trick folks into giving them personal information. I don't know of a case in the US of a virus on an iPhone.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Can you explain this further for me please? Thank you.

There was a news story on the news just tonight on this very subject. These tech experts sent a typed message to a person to show the public about opening any links to web pages. For the demonstration the person opened to the link in the message. Then the techies rang up the person and told then their phone was broadcasting everything her was doing right to techies. Here is the thing the device that was doing the broadcasting was not even on but had the virus that was sent. Most likely synced to all the devices on her account.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
After reading this thread, I am wondering if the Lookout App I have installed on both my devices is unnecessary?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After reading this thread, I am wondering if the Lookout App I have installed on both my devices is unnecessary?

From what I can tell, the Lookout app is a lot like Find My iPhone. There was no mention in the App write up about Malware or virus security. Not that the iPhone needs it.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

It's not necessary. While malware (malicious software) can be a threat to iOS you can easily avoid it by being very careful with apps that you install on your device. Never install apps from anywhere other than the Apple app store. Always read the reviews. If there aren't any reviews and you're unfamiliar with the app developer then skip it until several others have written reviews. Never use any 3rd party software with iTunes either. iTunes by itself is all you really need for your iPhone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's not necessary. While malware (malicious software) can be a threat to iOS you can easily avoid it by being very careful with apps that you install on your device. Never install apps from anywhere other than the Apple app store. Always read the reviews. If there aren't any reviews and you're unfamiliar with the app developer then skip it until several others have written reviews. Never use any 3rd party software with iTunes either. iTunes by itself is all you really need for your iPhone.

DELETED!!!! YAY! I'm such an app hog! It's good to purge some every once in awhile!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77