Need a recommendation for a book on OSX, tired of stumbling around looking for files or commands. Any suggestions?

I

iMore Question

Need a recommendation for a book on OSX, tired of stumbling around looking for files or commands. Any suggestions?

I wand too now more about the file system, BASH, cmd line, shell scripts and programming. I want to know about the guts of the system.

mattmaddux

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Not a BOOK, but I would strongly recommend Lynda.com for courses about a lot of this stuff. They've got TONS of programming courses that will get you started with really good teachers. And they've got a course specifically about the UNIX command line for OSX (sorry macOS
��).

Check it out here: https://www.lynda.com/Mac-OS-X-10-6...SX page:1 s:relevance sa:true producttypeid:2

You can pay for a subscription, and I think maybe you can even just purchase a single course if you wanted.

anon(5217265)

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If you REALLY want to become an advanced user in a relatively short amount of time I would consider the Peachpit line of books. I am not sure if they still make them but they were phenomenal back in the day. I think the last one I saw was for Yosemite. Haven't looked since then. They are more of a Support line of books but you will be an expert and would rarely ever need to call Apple for support and would be the person that helps others with their Apple stuff if you wanted to be that person. Welcome Apple Customers! | Peachpit

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2