iCloud account vs Apple ID

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi if I am unable to make an account on iCloud.com and then make my Apple ID with outlook.com email address would I still be able to get 5gb iCloud storage and all other benefits. Actually I am really confused with iCloud account and Apple ID.

Thanks for your help

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The two are the same. Apple ID just covers more territory. IMessage, Facetime, iTunes. All are not always the same. My wife uses my iTunes ID. But her iCloud, iMessage and Facetime are her own. But generally speaking, the iCloud ID and Apple ID are the same thing. Why would you not be able to make an iCloud ID?

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I made an Apple ID using my outlook.com account and reseted my iPhone. While setting up iPhone I entered the details of my Apple ID but says "could not sign in". Secondly by using this ID I am unable to configure my icloud and back up on iPhone.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I made an Apple ID using my outlook.com account and reseted my iPhone. While setting up iPhone I entered the details of my Apple ID but says "could not sign in". Secondly by using this ID I am unable to configure my icloud and back up on iPhone.

It should correctly sign in, then you would be able to turn on the backup feature.
Alternatively, create a new xxxx@icloud.com account and try if you can use that as your apple ID. Maybe you aren't entering your outlook.com email ID's password in the correct format.

Try signing in your apple id on the web, before trying it out on the phone.
https://appleid.apple.com/

If you can sign in on the web, you must be inputting some wrong keystrokes on the small keypad of your phone.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Today I tried to put my Apple ID with outlook.com credentials and I can know log in to FaceTime, iMessages please let me know if I do not use my xxx@icloud.com will I be able to access everything apart from iCloud backup?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Today I tried to put my Apple ID with outlook.com credentials and I can know log in to FaceTime, iMessages please let me know if I do not use my xxx@icloud.com will I be able to access everything apart from iCloud backup?

I don't understand your question. But I don't use my iCloud email address for my Apple ID or iCloud account ID. I use a Gmail account address.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2