I've been using an early version of Snapchat on my Ipod 4th gen, but its stopped working?

I

iMore Question

My phone recently broke, so i decided to go and use my Ipod Touch 4th generation. I knew about how to download apps vie downloading them from Itunes, so i can get the newest version possible for my old IOS. However, it signed me out as i had used Snapchat on another device and now it wont let me sign in again and says i have to update it. Although i tried to make another account and that can login fine, but i don't want to have ti make another account...
I then thought that maybe i would have to delete the app from my Itunes and phone, but even when i had it completely deleted (so i thought) it would still come up in purchases with the little cloud with the down arrow on. So do i need to delete that then re download it so it will work? Please help i have no idea what to do.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using an early version of Snapchat on my Ipod 4th gen, but its stop...

My phone recently broke, so i decided to go and use my Ipod Touch 4th generation. I knew about how to download apps vie downloading them from Itunes, so i can get the newest version possible for my old IOS. However, it signed me out as i had used Snapchat on another device and now it wont let me sign in again and says i have to update it. Although i tried to make another account and that can login fine, but i don't want to have ti make another account...
I then thought that maybe i would have to delete the app from my Itunes and phone, but even when i had it completely deleted (so i thought) it would still come up in purchases with the little cloud with the down arrow on. So do i need to delete that then re download it so it will work? Please help i have no idea what to do.

Thanks!

You will not be able to delete items you've purchased or installed for free from the App Store. The most you can do is hide it from being displayed. Having said that, your issue appear to be via the Snapchat service, especially if you were logged out of one device after being logged in to another. You can try deleting the app from your device and then reinstalling it. Reinstalling it may actually install the updated version. Give it a try and see what happens. If you're still unable to get it to work, contact the folks at Snapchat.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234