Since I upgraded I have got the red dot on the phone icon - if I turn my data on this will go otherwise of I turn it off I have a red dot - even though I have signal - what is going on ? Help !?
    09-19-2015 06:46 PM
    Is a screenshot possible unless someone else with this experience can help the OP out.
    09-19-2015 06:50 PM
    Since I upgraded I have got the red dot on the phone icon - if I turn my data on this will go otherwise of I turn it off I have a red dot - even though I have signal - what is going on ? Help !?
    Typically that means that you have voicemail, but the iPhone cant retrieve it. This scenario usually occurs for one of the following reasons:
    • The iPhone has just been restored or reset
    • The iPhone has a new SIM card inserted into it with a different phone number or service plan.
    • The associated phone voicemail password has been changed.

See a Blank Red Dot on the Phone Icon? It?s Your iPhone Voicemail, Here?s the Fix | OSXDaily
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-19-2015 07:02 PM
    Typically that means that you have voicemail, but the iPhone can’t retrieve it. This scenario usually occurs for one of the following reasons:
    • The iPhone has just been restored or reset
    • The iPhone has a new SIM card inserted into it with a different phone number or service plan.
    • The associated phone voicemail password has been changed.

See a Blank Red Dot on the Phone Icon? It?s Your iPhone Voicemail, Here?s the Fix | OSXDaily
    TY Hank - I needed to know that myself, Hope the OP gets it too.
    09-19-2015 07:15 PM
    Hi All,

I'm having the same red dot problem and the voicemail fix in the link above isn't working for me. The red dot started after I upgraded to iOS 9 on my iPhone 5S. I went through the process to change my voicemail password, but when I try to change my password by entering a password in the "Enter a new voicemail password" box, I get an error that states "Voicemail Unavailable, Unable to connect. Try again later." I have full service on my phone right now and I can reach my voicemail by calling my voicemail from my phone.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Or know how I could enter a new voicemail password? Restarting is definitely not working on this one.

Thanks for any help.
    Dan

Update: I reset my network settings and that did the trick. Or at least, I don't have the red dot anymore. I'll update if it comes back.
    09-30-2015 10:09 AM
    Hi All,

I'm having the same red dot problem and the voicemail fix in the link above isn't working for me. The red dot started after I upgraded to iOS 9 on my iPhone 5S. I went through the process to change my voicemail password, but when I try to change my password by entering a password in the "Enter a new voicemail password" box, I get an error that states "Voicemail Unavailable, Unable to connect. Try again later." I have full service on my phone right now and I can reach my voicemail by calling my voicemail from my phone.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Or know how I could enter a new voicemail password? Restarting is definitely not working on this one.

Thanks for any help.
    Dan

Update: I reset my network settings and that did the trick. Or at least, I don't have the red dot anymore. I'll update if it comes back.
    Contact your carrier. They may can help.
    09-30-2015 10:40 AM