1Password vs Lastpass and why?

aballerdotcom

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
What makes 1Password recommended more?

I ask because I currently use Lastpass paid subscription and it works great, but doesn't have the option to input your passwords in 90% of applications. I have used 1Password a couple of months ago and I remember disliking it because it had limitations on the free version so I couldn't get a feel for it like on the free version of Lastpass.

I'm thinking of buying my S/O a subscription for one of these services for Christmas and I'm trying to decide on which one would be best as in simplicity to use and which one can autofill username and passwords into applications installed on iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me it's the people at Agilebits first. You won't find a better Dev team. Great support. The features are great. It's actually fun to use. I like I can sync with Dropbox and have a 2nd app on my Wife's phone with the same log in and content.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
- price: pay once
- quality: as others have said, app is better
- works in more apps
- touch id works great - not sure in Lastpass
- works great in Safari - not sure with LP, perhaps is the same today
- 1Password stores data in a way you control

You choose where to store the encrypted file. Some may prefer the ease of last pass and that you can log in to it on a web page. I prefer instead to choose where to put the encrypted store. Much more flexible in my opinion the using Lastpass method. Choose your dropbox or icloud and it feels like the convenience of lastpass but your encrypted file is where you put it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
1 Password offers everything I need in a password app. I've been using it for years now no need to look at anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aballerdotcom

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
1 Password offers everything I need in a password app. I've been using it for years now no need to look at anything else.

Does 1Password have the ability to load your passwords in apps?

I know lastpass does not and it's a hassle when you use a generated password to open lastpass to copy and paste the password when logging in.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes when in some apps like onedrive you can click on the link to auto fill your info and login. Or for instance if you're in 1Password you can click on the Amazon web link and it will open it up and log you in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77