5s User: Should I get a discounted 6 or a full priced 6s?

I

iMore Question

I've got a 16GB 5s & can't decide to whether pursue a diamond in the rough deal for an unlocked 64GB iPhone 6 for $500 or just go for the iPhone 6s at 16GB for $700

My friend has a factory unlocked, 64GB, Space Gray iPhone 6 in mint condition with the original box & sealed accessories that he'd sell me for $500.

I can't decide whether or not to pursue that deal OR just buy an iPhone 6s.

Here's my thought process.

- Coming from a 5s to a 6 is more of a "sidegrade" than an upgrade.
- Only updating to "s" models will cost more but feels like a better upgrade.
- I'm 100% in iCloud so storage capacity doesn't matter to me (I'm fine w/16GB).
- My choices are driven by the tech itself AS WELL as the cost.
- I would like to have a significantly better camera but saving money is so good.
- I'm a huge proponent of getting maximum bang for buck.
- Assuming all the 6s leaks are true, 2GB RAM & 4K Camera are my only interests.

I need as much advice on this as possible because I'm really torn.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd get the 6 with the 64 GB storage. I'm assuming you're paying it up front. If you opt to get the alleged 6S later on, you can always get it via subsidy, if applicable.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I know the feelings of many who can afford to pay full price for an iPhone based on all the new carrier plans that are there to allow you to so so.
I am never going to do that and is why I paid $299.99 for a 6 / 64GB using my upgrade with VZW and was grandfathered to keep my loyalty plan for a very low monthly fee of $50.00 for a 1GB plan and while not a lot, I have never come close to using it all with WIFI and all. I would go with a discounted price and in the end you have to make the call. Good luck.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You could get the mint unlocked 6 and sell that online pretty easily. Then use that money to get the 6s when its released.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Just get the i6 and use that for awhile! If you get the urge to buy a 6s sell the i6. But I can assure you once you get the i6 for that price you won't feel pressured to buy a i6s. The i6 is a great phone! For 500 you can't go wrong! I just sold my 6+ for 700 and actually bought a I6 brand new space grey 64gb for 550.00. If the 6s is a true upgrade then maybe I'll get it overtime. But I'm not gonna rush out and pay top dollar for the 6s. I'm happy with the price and the i6

Sent from my  Iphone 6 

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2