Anyone else experience this? I called apple today and they made a case for me because they said they don't have it documented as a "known" issue. After browsing around online I see others have this issue as well, mainly when the phone is being used for a period of time and it's dimming on its own to cool off the screen. But does anyone have this issue? If so, is it a defect or just normal for the phone? Some of my friends don't experience this issue at all. But I also don't want to swap out an otherwise perfectly functioning phone if this is just common. I also thought I read online somewhere that this really only occurs if you have your brightness always set to 100%.. Who knows. Just trying to debunk this.

Here's a video I found online that shows what it does. The dim occurs at 4:55 and brightens back up at 6:22. https://vid.me/Vtb

Let me know your thoughts/experiences and any suggestions on whether to look into it or leave it alone are greatly appreciated!
    Rebecca Morris2 likes this.
    08-11-2015 08:18 PM
    I've had it happen a time or two, but it's a non-issue to 'me'. I simply put the brightness level back to where I had it. Having said that, I do not keep my brightness level at 100%.
    08-11-2015 09:09 PM
    I've had it happen a time or two, but it's a non-issue to 'me'. I simply put the brightness level back to where I had it. Having said that, I do not keep my brightness level at 100%.
    Aside from this post I've asked around. Asked my friends to experiment with this. They found theirs dimming as well. I guess it's a feature!
    08-11-2015 09:31 PM
    Never had it happen but I use auto brightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-11-2015 10:00 PM
    Never had it happen but I use auto brightness.

I've had a few people run this experiment for me. If you don't mind i would like you to run it as well take auto brightness off. Set the brightness to 100% and mess with your phone for a period of time and report back you don't have to if you don't want to but I'm curious!
    08-11-2015 10:04 PM
    I've had a few people run this experiment for me. If you don't mind i would like you to run it as well take auto brightness off. Set the brightness to 100% and mess with your phone for a period of time and report back you don't have to if you don't want to but I'm curious!
    I usually keep auto brightness on but I turned it off to try this experiment. So far nothing has happened. My screen stays extremely bright. It only goes back when I turn Auto Correct back on.

08-11-2015 10:23 PM
    I usually keep auto brightness on but I turned it off to try this experiment. So far nothing has happened. My screen stays extremely bright. It only goes back when I turn Auto Correct back on.

Mine does it at very random times. I'm I'm using it heavily or when it's warmer I notice this. Who knows but it's interesting to ask around!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-11-2015 10:46 PM

Same here. I'm using a Verizon 6 Plus if that makes a difference.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-11-2015 11:15 PM
    A big thanks to everyone for trying! Some people notice nothing. Some have the same as me. So who knows!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-12-2015 12:13 AM
    I've never had the issue, but then . . . I would never run my screen at 100% brightness.
    08-12-2015 08:19 AM
    Anyone else experience this? I called apple today and they made a case for me because they said they don't have it documented as a "known" issue. After browsing around online I see others have this issue as well, mainly when the phone is being used for a period of time and it's dimming on its own to cool off the screen. But does anyone have this issue? If so, is it a defect or just normal for the phone? Some of my friends don't experience this issue at all. But I also don't want to swap out an otherwise perfectly functioning phone if this is just common. I also thought I read online somewhere that this really only occurs if you have your brightness always set to 100%.. Who knows. Just trying to debunk this.

Here's a video I found online that shows what it does. The dim occurs at 4:55 and brightens back up at 6:22. https://vid.me/Vtb

Let me know your thoughts/experiences and any suggestions on whether to look into it or leave it alone are greatly appreciated!
    happens to me all the time. just happened before I wrote this because of a FaceTime call
    08-12-2015 08:30 AM
    happens to me all the time. just happened before I wrote this because of a FaceTime call
    I think it's strange how half of everyone I've asked has this and half don't.

I turned my brightness down a bit from 100%. I'll see what it does today.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-12-2015 09:22 AM
    Mine does it at very random times. I'm I'm using it heavily or when it's warmer I notice this. Who knows but it's interesting to ask around!
    Very interesting

Same here. I'm using a Verizon 6 Plus if that makes a difference.
    My device & carrier are the same, Derrick. This is so weird.

Spencerdl likes this.
    08-12-2015 10:13 AM
    Tried it last night and no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-12-2015 12:09 PM
    Tried it last night and no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I took my brightness from 100% to a smidge under it. And it hasn't dimmed once on me today! So I guess it only happens at the 100% brightness mark. Well interesting! And I'm not doing a trade out for that since I really think it's just what most iPhones do
    08-12-2015 10:40 PM
    And big thanks to all who replied!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-12-2015 10:40 PM
    Hello to all, my iphone 6 would random dim and then get bright again. Didn't matter if autobright was on or off. Started happening after the last IOS 10 update. I keep my phone update regularly. I have been on a lot of websites trying to find the reason for this happening, and what finally stopped it was turning Zoom off. Now it's fine. No issues. I will miss Zoom, but the random dimming was driving me insane.
    02-03-2017 02:04 PM