How do I download my photos from an SD card onto my MacBook?

I

iMore Question

I just can't seem to select new photos from my SD card to down load, first time i Have used this and not computer savvy wish i had stayed with my old type of lap top

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: how do i down load my photos from an sd card

You'll need to get them off of the SD card and on to a computer. Then you can use Photos to get them to iCloud.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
how do i down load my photos from an sd card

Or put the sd card in an Android and email them to your device. You can do 20 per email.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just can't seem to select new photos from my SD card to down load, first time i Have used this and not computer savvy wish i had stayed with my old type of lap top

1. But an SD card reader and attach it to the USB port of your MacBook and then drag and drop the photos onto your desktop

2. As suggested, you can insert the SD card into an Android device and email the pics to yourself and then open the email on your MacBook to download the photos.

3. You can also use that same Android device to upload the pics to a cloud service like Dropbox and then access that Dropbox from your MacBook to download the pics.

There are numerous ways to do this. Just pick the one that is best suited for you.