Can you use iPad after canceling data plan?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPad air 2 currently on a cellular data plan. I was wondering if I were to cancel that data service, would my iPad still work over wifi? I am not interested in having the data plan attached to it any longer since I use it on wifi 100% of the time. Can anyone shed some light on this?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it will work just fine over WiFi without a data plan.

Note that if you signed a contract for a defined term when you purchased your iPad, you will want to contact your service provider for any early termination consequences.

kcauser926

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I am coming up on the end of the contract this month which is why I was asking. I'd rather cancel the data plan and strictly use it over wifi. Just wanted to make sure that would work. I appreciate your responses! Very helpful.

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
If still works but you have to look at the cancelation fees for doing that as well. Thy can be very steep, what I can do is just switch to the cheapest data plan and just simply turn of the data and make it wifi only. That way u would use it if you ever been to. Or get on of those share everything plans with your phone, or better use your phone as a mobile hot spot if you need to use it.