How can I know if my iPhone is refurbished or new?

Ruth Cooper

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I had to file a claim through Assurion the insurance through AT&T. They "Assured" me that the new device would be NEW. However, it is totally buggy and the performance is horrific. I want to verify that the phone was a refurbished.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: identify if my iphone was refurbished or new

I had to file a claim through Assurion the insurance through AT&T. They "Assured" me that the new device would be NEW. However, it is totally buggy and the performance is horrific. I want to verify that the phone was a refurbished.

There is no way to tell. Refurbs from Apple are completely reliable. You may need to restore the device with a fresh install of iOS. "Buggy" is typically software, and reinstalling a fresh copy of iOS will usually restore complete functionality. Otherwise, go back to AT&T, Assurion or take the device to an Apple store for assistance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in agreement with HankAZ. If you got your device exchanged do to it being glitchy and buggy, I assume you restored a backup made with that device onto your replacement device. If so, olive basically transferred the problem from one device to the other. The device itself is not the problem, in my opinion. I recommend that you take the time to install a fresh copy of iOS 8.3 and then set it up as a new device. Although time consuming and an inconvenience, the results will more than likely be worth the time.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Go to this link: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
Enter the iPhone serial number in there, If new, you will see the warranty info related to the device, the age of the device since first activation. If fake, it will still tells you that no such a serial number in their data base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Go to this link: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
Enter the iPhone serial number in there, If new, you will see the warranty info related to the device, the age of the device since first activation. If fake, it will still tells you that no such a serial number in their data base.

Part of the refurbishing process is to issue a new serial number. So much for this "solution". You CANNOT tell if it's new or refurbished (actually "re-manufactured"), and one more time, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Part of the refurbishing process is to issue a new serial number. So much for this "solution". You CANNOT tell if it's new or refurbished (actually "re-manufactured"), and one more time, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Ok then

aski12

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
it's easy to check by this site

imei24.com
just put IMEi and you will get an info

I jsut ched mine
"Refurbished by Apple YES"