My father is 85yo and just wants a sim card to make calls. He cant understand texts or data. The mobile a lifeline to his family as he is very ill and lives alone.
    He is currently with T-Mobile and they charged him 19.20 for data (from a 20 topup) on a handset that is not data compatible. I complained until my head hurt.
    Now I just want him to have a simcard which does calls only. I know he will have to have text capability to get the 'spam' texts from the simcard provider and to know that his topup has worked. His family have to read texts for him as he cant do it.
    Anyone know of a good service?
    06-03-2015 10:22 AM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

If it were me, I'd get your father a non-smartphone. Doing so will allow you to save money because he wouldn't have a data plan, especially if his eyesight is poor. he would rarely have to worry about SPAM texts or text messages, in general.
    Can't you turn off Data Services on his phone, that's what I did with my wife's.
    06-03-2015 10:42 AM
    If it were me, I'd get your father a non-smartphone. Doing so will allow you to save money because he wouldn't have a data plan, especially if his eyesight is poor. he would rarely have to worry about SPAM texts or text messages, in general.
    06-03-2015 10:46 AM