Why is my phone so slow & hogging all bandwidth since trying to back up photos to the Cloud?

notverytechie

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Phone so slow & hogging all bandwidth since trying to back up photos to cloud.

Phone is dead slow on wifi since turning on photo stream. When I choose to stop it I get a message that all my photos will be deleted from my iPhone- help! Rather a Luddite with this. Thought I was being clever by backing up my photos & even paid for extra storage. Wish I hadn't bothered. Thanks.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Phone so slow & hogging all bandwidth since trying to back up photos to cloud.

It's just going to be a one time deal that your phone is like that since it's uploading all your photos. If the photos were all present on your phone before you turned on icloud photo library or photo stream, you can turn them off and not worry about those pictures being deleted off your device and just turn it back on and let them upload when you go to sleep and let it do it all overnight while you're not using your phone.

notverytechie

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone so slow & hogging all bandwidth since trying to back up photos to cloud.

Thankyou, so it's saving my progress so far? And the photos on my phone are left where they are?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Thankyou, so it's saving my progress so far? And the photos on my phone are left where they are?

If you cancel it I'm not sure if the cloud still stores the photos that have already been uploaded but in this case it wouldn't matter since you plan on uploading them again anyway.

Also, are you using iCloud Photo Library or Photostream? Those are two different things. I'm assuming you went with iCloud Photo. So think of it like this....

- You have an iPhone 5 with 5 photos on it that you've uploaded to iCloud Photo

- You have an iPhone 6 with only 3 photos on it but you have iCloud Photo turned off

- You now turned on iCloud Photo on your iPhone 6 and it brings down the 5 photos that you uploaded before and you get impatient waiting for it to upload the 3 photos from the iPhone 6

- You end up turning it off (like you are now) and the warning message about the deleted photos will be those 5 that were brought down to you from your already existing iCloud Photo library.

Hopefully I made that clear lol

notverytechie

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Aaah the fog is clearing a little. Thank you. Sorry for being panicky, but I would hate to lose my photos altogether. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77