Instagram reduces the quality of my photos on iOS. Please help?!?

annalenapli

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
oh my goodness this drives me crazy!
I have got this problem too, and I have no idea what to do... did anyone already find a solution? I really want to do this instagram-thing professionally and this is kinda ruining it now :(

fernandooore

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem my pictures are perfect But after few minutes or hours the pictures star to get blur and pixelated! I have this problem with my iPhone 6s then I used iPhone 7 Plus IOS 10.3.2 is so sad PLEASE HELP!

un_delice

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue on only one of the accounts I manage. All the other profiles upload without compression. Anyone found a solution? Sent a few messages to Instagram. PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!

Mehmet Kazgan

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
I think the problem doesn’t arise from instagram. I have both ios & android devices. No problem with android. A photo posted on instagram by anyone that I follow is clean on android, on the other hand same photo appears blurry on ios. And the problem began when I updated my ios to 11.1.2. May be Insta needs an update too or ios.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I think the problem doesn’t arise from instagram. I have both ios & android devices. No problem with android. A photo posted on instagram by anyone that I follow is clean on android, on the other hand same photo appears blurry on ios. And the problem began when I updated my ios to 11.1.2. May be Insta needs an update too or ios.

I've never had this issue with Instagram and photos. They were fine when I had my 6s, and they look equally as good on my 8 Plus. Running iOS 11.2 beta 5.

Edit; Not sure what the previous poster is talking about, but I just uploaded a 4032 x 3024 image to Instagram, and it looks absolutely beautiful. What ever compression they're using certainly isn't affecting my photos.

Last edited:

bobbiegogo

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Well, I have same problem. I take a photo, it looks hi res on all my devices and in instagram when I upload it, looks good on instagram for a few minutes, then looks lo resolution on my brand new iPad Pro, but continues to look hi res on my funky 5 year old iPad! Very frustrating!! When I scroll down my Instagram on my new iPad Pro feed some images are super sharp, and others are lo res, just like mine! Same feed on old iPad all looks super sharp! So it’s an iPad Pro software thing, I guess...What is going on????

one_dimension

Jul 8, 2018
Visit site
pro photographer here, with the exact same issue ... still - years later. some photos stay good and sharp with no jaggies or crushed edges, but lately most all i upload stay sharp for only a few minutes, then get compressed and crushed. noticeably when you zoom and and inspect.
pretty sad when instagram is the biggest photo sharing / show off app, making millions a year off us all - and they still don't address this major issue. :broken-heart:

Fluffy Hamster

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
I have a solution I just searched it up on google! I know I’m really late, but I recently had the same problem too with viewing only low resolution images for some reason, and did this (I have ios and a iPad pro by the way. I don’t use iCloud but this still worked for me):

Settings > search “iCloud Photo Sharing”, and click on it > switch from "Optimize iPhone Storage" to "Download and Keep Originals”.

Or

Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Photos, and switch from "Optimize iPhone Storage" to "Download and Keep Originals. (I copied and pasted this from the website I found the solution on)

Fair warning, when switching be wary that it does take space on your electronic devices so keep an eye out for your storage or switch it back to “optimize iPhone storage” when not using the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2