My iPhone 4 restarts every 2-3 minutes. Can you suggest what part may need replacing?

I

iMore Question

Hi - i've got an iphone 4 that i recently disassembled to replace the power button. This went fine and everything worked except i noticed after a couple of days that the proximity sensor wasn't working. I disassembled again to put a bit of sharpie on the uv filter (as suggested online), and reassembled. I tested the proximity sensor and this now worked. I now have a problem where the phone keeps restarting after ~2 minutes and the battery won't charge. I have tried a replacement battery and the issue continues. I've tried Restoring the phone software (does not restart while restoring) however the problem continues once the phone tries to set itself up. I must've damaged something on the logic board when reassembling - can anyone advise what part needs changing?
Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iphone 4 restarting every 2-3 minutes

I have never taken apart an iPhone so I wouldn't know what the inside looks like other than from what I've seen via photos. Having said that, all I can suggest is that you retrace your steps and make sure that everything is put back in the manner it is suppose to be.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77