Did you know that Apple records and saves all voice dictation for Siri and text messages?

I

iMore Question

Did you know that Apple records and saves all voice dictation for Siri and text messages

I just updated my 5s to ios 8.1.2 and when I tried to use the voice input for text messages I got a dialog box saying that for me to use voice dictation I had to agree to Apple recording and saving my voice text messages. If you go to Settings/General/Keyboard/Dictation you will see under dictation "About Dictation and Privacy...) As I read the Privacy notice I also saw that the same agreement applied to Siri as well. Is this really possible?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Did you know that Apple records and saves all voice dictation for Siri and text messages

Yes, and did you miss the part that reads, "If you turn off both Siri and Dictation, Apple will delete your User Data, as well as your recent voice input data."?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Did you know that Apple records and saves all voice dictation for Siri and text messages

Yes, and did you miss the part that reads, "If you turn off both Siri and Dictation, Apple will delete your User Data, as well as your recent voice input data."?
Imagine that... so if one is paranoid about it, they can turn off Siri & Dictation and "clear their history" and turn it back on again... :)