Is there a way to allow for Wi-fi sync without the use of iTunes?

I

iMore Question

Hi, I have a jailbroken iphone 5 (7.0.4) with some hardware issues and it's already out of warranty. The iphone is not recognized by any computer BUT it can be charged when plugged into a power outlet. At some point I tried to erase all content and settings and it entered into a boot loop (yes, now I know that you shouldn't do that on a jailbroken iphone). After some trial and error I managed to get out of the loop and semi "restore" it using iLex; however, since itunes doesn't recognize the phone, I am not able to fully restore it or to update it to a newer iOS (I tried a lot of possible solutions found on forums without success, it seems to be a problem with the logic board). The phone works good but I would like to, at least, sync content from / to itunes. I know that, in order to wifi sync it you first need to plug it to the computer (which I can't) and change the corresponding setting. Is there a way to change that setting without using itunes?
English is not my native language so I hope this is clear,
thanks in advance for any advise, best

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. Your device needs to be connected to your computer so that iTunes can detect it so that it knows which device it will sync wirelessly to.

ssombra

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. Your device needs to be connected to your computer so that iTunes can detect it so that it knows which device it will sync wirelessly to.
Thanks for your answer. It actually makes sense. I guess that the only solution is to repair the hardware (which is very expensive for a not that new equipment).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2