How can I restore the Youtube app on my iPad running iOS 8.0.2?

I

iMore Question

Ipad youtube app ios 8.0.2

Hello,

I am using the youtube app on my ipad and for some strange reason the main page is different. There is now this big gray area between my favorite channels drop down and the youtube main page. Before, you used to be able to see the whole youtube mainpage fullscreen and have to click a 3 lined box from the upper left hand corner to pull up your fav channels. Now that 3 lined box doesnt work. I know this is a horrible description but im really hoping someone has encountered this before and knows how to restore the youtube app back to normal. Already tried deleting and reinstalling but that didnt work.

Anyone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ipad youtube app ios 8.0.2

I can only assume you're using the latest YouTube app for your device, and therefore, if you have an older version of the app backed up, just restore the backup containing the older version. Other than that, you can try contacting YouTube support via the following link.

https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Ipad youtube app ios 8.0.2

Also if you synced your apps to iTunes prior to the app updating on your iPad you can restore that version as well.

Delete the app from your iPad, then in the Apps screen in iTunes for your device click the install button for the YouTube app. That will put that version on your iPad.

This wont work if: You updated the app on the iPad and synced it back to iTunes already, in this case it the old app might be in the trash on the computer. Or if you updated all the apps in iTunes, in which case again look in the trash on the computer to see if the old app file is there.

If it is there you can restore that file then sync it to the iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2