Why am I unable to add an event to my calendar after my iOS 8 update on my 5c?

I

iMore Question

I can't 'add' an event to my calendar. I did the ios8 update on my 5c.

when i select the date I want to add an event to it allows me to enter all the details - name , location, time calendar alert etc. In the past was able to select 'done' and the details appeared on the date in question - now when i key in the details and select 'add' nothing happens and no info is stored !!

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: I can't 'add' an event to my calendar. I did the ios8 update on my 5c.

I think the update may have switched your calendar off. There are two things for you to check. Once or both of these may be the problem.

1) In the Calendar app, tap "Calendars" at the bottom of the app. From here, you should see "Hide All Calendars." If it says this, than you are find in this respect. If it says "Show All Calendars," at least one of your calendars is not displaying.

2) You may also want to check your Mail, Contacts, Calendars setting in the Settings App. Once in the section, click on the account for the calendar setting you want to check. If the calendar is off in the account, switch it to on. Then see if that fixes things.

Hope this helps.

noritaki

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
After spending last night and this morning searching the net for a fix to my problem I finally now have had a successful result, all thanks to your suggestion:cool:

justannie57

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone 4 to 5, IOS 9.1 and I was frustratingly having this very same problem. I could not find the solution Online until I came upon this post; it worked - yay! Thank you so much! 😊

Carolyn Ausherman

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I also had this problem with the latest update to iPaid Air 9......Your solution was just what I needed. I knew how to add events because I did in the past. Something turned my home calendar off. THANKS!!!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77