unable to check for update

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
so, today I went to check for an update to my ipad 10.2 9th gen...only to get slapped in the face with an 'unable to check for update-an error occurred while checking for a software update' notification. running ipad os 16.4.1(yes I was able to ultimately update).
the error is still occurring.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple may be having issues on its end. I know there was an ongoing issue with its App Store Connect yesterday.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
so, today I went to check for an update to my ipad 10.2 9th gen...only to get slapped in the face with an 'unable to check for update-an error occurred while checking for a software update' notification. running ipad os 16.4.1(yes I was able to ultimately update).
the error is still occurring.

I have to ask whether the device is company-managed or is enrolled in iPadOS beta program.

They have settings to limit allowed versions.

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
I have to ask whether the device is company-managed or is enrolled in iPadOS beta program.

They have settings to limit allowed versions.
privately owned devices(yes my phone started doing this too)
Have you been getting beta’s?
nope..seen the horrors first hand care of a family member who swore betas were all well and fine for mainstream daily use.

Reactions: Annie_M

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
privately owned devices(yes my phone started doing this too)

Trying to find a common denominator. If both devices are connected to the same wireless network, it could be interesting disconnecting from the Wi-Fi network and check for updates over the mobile network.

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
I actually tried that, that was my second step on the troubleshooting playlist...it made no difference. though, funny thing, it resolved itself, well after I ran an os restore on the ipad(initial device presenting symptoms) via ituens on my computer(henceforth dubbed basket case)

so..maybe it was a server error on apple's end?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I actually tried that, that was my second step on the troubleshooting playlist...it made no difference. though, funny thing, it resolved itself, well after I ran an os restore on the ipad(initial device presenting symptoms) via ituens on my computer(henceforth dubbed basket case)

so..maybe it was a server error on apple's end?

It is possible. It could also be that the CDN Apple is using was experiencing issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2