How can I access my Apple Time Machine from abroad?

Lady49Monet

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have one of these and it is great. I am going on holiday and would like to access my Data from abroad I was wondering whether anybody would know?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apple Time Machine

Time machine is not made for it to be accessible from distance. It's a kind of backup restore system. Basically, when time machine is enable on your computer or in a application like pages numbers etc..., you can access older version of files you were working on those application by accessing the time machine option. Same if the entire OSX is under time machine.
In order to be able to access your files from distance, you will need to activate and upload to your iCloud files that are handle at present by icloud which photos, music, iWork, preview files (PDF) iBkook, and some other 3rd apps data saving to icloud like day one etc... Alternatively, you could use Dropbox or any other alike cloud storage options out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lady49Monet

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apple Time Machine

Thank you Ariel. I do have both iCloud and Dropbox. I don't want to take my laptop to save on weight. They do have Macs on the ship so shouldn't be a problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711