using windows on my mac

I

iMore Question

Hi there. I have been hired to answer calls from my home. I need to run windows8. I want to download it to my mac and i don't have the funds to buy a pc. Can I download windows8 with out them knowing I have a mac? To them will it all look the same? OR will it all run properly? (there software?) Thanks!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. I have been hired to answer calls from my home. I need to run windows8. I want to download it to my mac and i don't have the funds to buy a pc. Can I download windows8 with out them knowing I have a mac? To them will it all look the same? OR will it all run properly? (there software?) Thanks!

There is in fact a legitimate way to run Windows on a Mac, supported by Apple, using a product called Boot Camp. Read about it here:

https://support.apple.com/boot-camp

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Have you personally used it? Does it work with developer tools (xcode, iphone sim)? I tried some bootleg partition and it just didn't work

I have never used it personally, but many have and it works for them quite well. Since you ran a bootleg, maybe there were some incompatibilities, but if it was an official version, it may be fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77