1Password usage questions

TRICKorDEVICE

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been planning on upgrading my password situation for some time. I researched 1Password, Lastpass and a few others. With the sale of 1Password, and the awesome iOS 8 functionality demos, I pulled the trigger and bought 1Password for iPhone. I currently use iPhone, iPad and a homemade PC (next upgrade cycle I'll probably go iMac). Before I take the time to update all my passwords, invest any more money, and transfer everything to 1Password I wanted to make sure it works as expected.

So, I know I can use the iPhone app on my mobile devices. Can I just install the chrome extension on my computer and use that when I'm on my desktop? Do I HAVE to buy the windows software license? When I am on my work PC, do I have to install windows software, or can I just use the Chrome extension?

Any answers, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know this is a very old question but since there are no replies and the software is still relevant this info might be good for others.
1Password has some different licensing options now. There is the Single license option which means you have to buy a seperate license for each platform (iOS, Mac, Windows). Each license belongs to the user and you can install it on as many of your devices/computers as you have. So if I bought a Mac license I can install it on my iMac, MacBook Pro, work iMac. I don't have to buy a new license for each machine. Now they have a 1Password Team which is a 2.99 per month (billed annually) option which includes all the platforms. In this case you can install on everything you own. The Chrome extensions need the app to be installed on the computer therefore you would need to buy a Mac license and install it to use the extension.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77