Why am I getting Disk Utility errors when trying to image some MacBook Airs via thunderbolt?

Sean Fanelli

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Im trying to image some matchbook airs via thunderbolt and i keep getting the error (internal error) when its about halfway through analyzing. Any suggestions?

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there a specific error message that might help narrow down the problem?

If I understand correctly, there could be two scenarios. 1. You have an external disk attached to a MacBook Air via Thunderbolt connection. You're using Disk Utility to make an image from the MacBook Air's SSD via the New Image feature? 2. Or are you using the Thunderbolt storage as the image source via which you are imaging the MacBook Airs. You've booted into System Recovery and are using Disk Utility from there?

It's easy to overlook, so pointing out in the event it wasn't noticed. Disk Utility has a Log feature. If you click on the Log icon it will bring up a separate console that might provide more specific error details that could be used to help search for the issue source(s).

Sean Fanelli

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there a specific error message that might help narrow down the problem?

If I understand correctly, there could be two scenarios. 1. You have an external disk attached to a MacBook Air via Thunderbolt connection. You're using Disk Utility to make an image from the MacBook Air's SSD via the New Image feature? 2. Or are you using the Thunderbolt storage as the image source via which you are imaging the MacBook Airs. You've booted into System Recovery and are using Disk Utility from there?

It's easy to overlook, so pointing out in the event it wasn't noticed. Disk Utility has a Log feature. If you click on the Log icon it will bring up a separate console that might provide more specific error details that could be used to help search for the issue source(s).
I was able to go into recovery and use thei maging" tool there to copy the hard drive contents rather than create an image

Sean Fanelli

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Late update.....

I ended up just downloading the net boot software and was able to use the thunderbolt with that.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234