Why are my contacts a jumbled mess?

I

iMore Question

Hello. So i have a family of 4 and we all have iphone 4s's. my dad's iphone got wet so we needed to get him a new phone. i started the cloud for the first time only on his phone and the next thing i know my sister's contacts were all put onto both my dad's and mom's contacts list. there are double contacts her friends contacts m parents contacts are all messed up. and when they try and delete my sister's contacts off their phones they also get deleted off my sisters phone. my phone is completely fine how do i get her contacts off my parents phones and get their contacts back to normal?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is strange it appears your using the same Apple ID across all your phones. You stated that you started the cloud for the first time but it appears your sister has been using it too

Check and see which Email your sister is using and you all need to create your own desperate IDs

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You are using the same Apple ID for iCloud on ALL of the devices. A lot of families share the same Apple ID for iTunes and App Store purchases, but use separate Apple IDs for everything else for privacy purposes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2