iphone 5s iOS 8 beta 1 touch screen crashing

kalanhowse

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
is anyone facing problems with the touch screen? i just updated my iPhone to iOS 8 beta 1 and one i start any application or settings the phone crashes and the touch screen becomes uncalibrated only half of the screen works and it is way off. when i restart the phone it works perfectly, however if i open any app it crashes and the issue happens again.
To fix this problem as people have stated and as was I, to fix the problem go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn off Zoom OR ask Siri to turn off Zoom. All devices that have had zoom turned on before the update SHOULD have this issue and has been replicated with many devices. Hope this helps to all reading this (As stated before)

musaid

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that part is very annoying to me

you can restore. press home n power button together untill it power off forcefully. when it powers off, connect to itunes while pressing n holding the home button. wait until the phone goes into recovery mode. you can then recover. however, try recovering to the latest update, in my case ios 7.1.1. apple wont sign anything below that. so basically u can downgrade to that only. :)

bjack827

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this problem primarily when I'm charging my phone. I do have a standard apple lighting cable but as soon as I plug it in the screen becomes uncalibrated.

Angelo Ruggiero

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
This seemed to immediately fix the issue where I was seeing a half working and miscalibrated touch screen. I restarted my iPhone to ensure the fix persisted. At least for me, this got iOS 8 working on my iPhone without having to perform a restore! Hope this helps someone else! :)

Thank you very, very, very much! I also had zoom enable (and sometimes I asked to me why I took it active) on my iPhone 5 and finally resolved the issue.

Dadd10s

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
and if you use the double three finger tap once back into your phone you will see new features of ios 8 :)

Last edited:

Mciahle

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: iphone 5s iOS 8 beta 1

Is anyone having a issue with restarting the phone while on iOS 8 Beta 1? If i restart my phone i get the activation error?

JmBApps

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I didnt read any responses....I just added mine. Yes....the 3 finger double tap works. Then after the three finger double tap....turn off zoom. Yours is the quick fix...mine is the permanent solution after the quick fix. :)

Glenn Clark

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
My touchscreen was doing this too after the update. Im fairly sure it was the dynamic wallpaper. I set it to Stills and Im not having problems now