What is evasion jailbreak?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Also remember that even though jailbreaking isn't a difficult process, it does void your warranty and if you're not careful you could brick your device.

I know there have been cases where apple turns people down due to jailbreaking because of a void warranty but I have returned a phone before that was jailbroken. ( I restored it before I took it there ) and they swapped me out no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I know there have been cases where apple turns people down due to jailbreaking because of a void warranty but I have returned a phone before that was jailbroken. ( I restored it before I took it there ) and they swapped me out no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ditto. I restored the one I had to return that had an LCD fracture/dead pixel with no problems. They took it back and gave me a new one.

Sent from my something or another on Tapatalk.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Also remember that even though jailbreaking isn't a difficult process, it does void your warranty and if you're not careful you could brick your device.

Simply Jailbreaking your device does not void the warranty...Apple even says this within their response, a few years ago, when the legality of JB'ing was defined.

Apple's Official Response To DMCA Jailbreak Exemption: It Voids Your Warranty | Cult of Mac

...Apple basically says "It CAN void your warranty", and this is where it becomes a grey area...simply JB'ing your device really doesn't do anything to the device except open it to modification. Where your warranty comes into play is the tweaks and customizations a person would do AFTER jailbreaking. This is where the warranty can be voided because people can really delve deep into the system, far enough to where the device itself can develop some hard to fix issues.

Jailbreaking, on it's own, can be reversed with zero evidence of the action left over, so even Apple knows that JB'ing is essentially a perfectly safe activity...it's what people do afterwards that they worry about, and can deny service/warranty replacement over. The real problem a person faces with trying to get service on a JB'ed iDevice is the assumption that a person who JB'ed their device also customized it...so Apple can, in fact, deny you service even if you only JB'ed it but never did anything else, because they can simply say "How do we know that?" THIS is why a person who isn't familiar with JB'ing shouldn't do it until they research it a bit more, that way they understand that if you ever need service, you are going to have to undo the jailbreak completely before hand.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77