i have an iphone 4s and it is from alaska. i just moved here in october and i went to hook it up and they said they couldn't because it is from out of the states. i need to know how to
    unlock the phone so i can hook it up to strait talk or else go to at&t and hook it up. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-27-2014 08:25 PM
    It would help if we knew who told you this and what carrier you used in Alaska

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    01-27-2014 08:48 PM
    Are you still currently in the US?

Sent from my iPhone 5 with the iMore Forums App
    01-27-2014 09:13 PM
    i went to walmart here in michigan where i do live and yes i still live in the contintental united states. and walmart service was the one
    who told me that it could be hooked up to a strait talk phone if there was a way to unlock it.

i used the carrier ACS in alaska and went through a devorce up there so moved home to michigan and braught the phone with me.
    it was still hooked up throgh ACS in alaska when i got home but my ex wife dropped me off the plan and put me in this situation. any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

if you have any more questions i would be glad to answer.

thanks,,
    01-29-2014 03:20 PM
    What I think you need t o do if the phone IS still hooked up to ACS in Alaska is call them and ask them to unlock it. If they will then you can go where ever you want to hook it up. Just on the outset that they won't and your service is turned off with them as long as you can prove it is yours, Try and call AT&T and ask what they can do. Good luck.
    01-29-2014 03:29 PM
    i used the carrier ACS in alaska and i was told by a walmart employee that it couldn't be hooked up through straight talk for the
    reaso the phone is not from the continental united states. i feel i need to run a recovery on it if possible.
    01-29-2014 04:36 PM
    the problem is, is that the phone was hooked up through my x's account and she dropped the phone off of the plan we had.. so not sure that calling ACS would help..
    01-29-2014 04:38 PM
    the problem is, is that the phone was hooked up through my x's account and she dropped the phone off of the plan we had.. so not sure that calling ACS would help..
    It would allow you to release the phone from being locked to ACS so you can use it on another carriers network. This phone is apparently still locked on their network, otherwise, your swap would have worked normally.

Now if the phone wasn't yours to take after you situation, and ACS won't unlock it for you because you don't have that access to make that change, then you're out of luck and will need to buy another device or pay for one of the higher dollar unlocking services and pray that they can unlock ACS carrier locks.
    kataran and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-29-2014 05:34 PM