Different number of Contacts on iPhone, iCloud & Outlook. How to find the ones not in both? & Fix it

crashnburn_in

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Different number of Contacts on iPhone, iCloud & Outlook. How to find the ones not in both? & Fix it

Different number of Contacts on iPhone, iCloud & Outlook. How to find the ones not in both?

We have not yet installed the iCloud Control Panel for Windows on the PC - Win 7 x64

Contacts and count as shown in the following sources:

- Outlook:2481 Items
- iCloud: 3010 Contacts
- iPhone: 3135 Contacts

Contacts as shown inside **iPhone 'Contacts'** App:

**Groups**

All Contacts > 3135 Contacts

**From My PC**
All from my PC > 2868 Contacts

**iCloud**
All iCloud > 3010 Contacts

( Note: .. = smaller sub-groups under each being ignored)

Some new contacts are preset on iPhone + iCloud, but do not show up on my PC (in Outlook contacts).

There are some "linked / unified" contacts inside the iPhone that are present on both iCloud and PC - i.e. the duplicates that show up as SINGLE in CONTACTS, but as 2 contacts in Whatsapp and similar apps.

How do I find the excess, the contacts that are no present in the other and consolidate? and then Start Fresh and Correct this time around?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Different number of Contacts on iPhone, iCloud & Outlook. How to find the ones not in both? & Fi

Your best bet is to pick out what format your going to use. iCloud or outlook. Disregard the iPhone at this point. Once you pick which platform fix he duplicates in the corresponding platform. Remove the contacts from the iPhone and then re sync them.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Different number of Contacts on iPhone, iCloud & Outlook. How to find the ones not in both? & Fi

I would do the same thing and personally I would synce with iCloud from here on out and then use the control Panel. After that anytime you add or delete a contact they will sync with iCloud anyway.

crashnburn_in

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Those answers did not help as I know what you are saying.

How do I consolidate this without losing data?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2