So here is whats happening. Today I jailbroke my iPad 3 on ios 7.0.4. Anyway, I opened cydia. I tried to download add a source and I get "Malformed line 6 in source list". I googled it and found you had to use ifile to fix it. However I did not install ifile before and I could not get Cyder2 to work (Google it). So I tried to use ifunbox to do this and realize it recognizes it as jailed. I find out you have to download a package for this, which I cant do due to broken cydia. I then try to rejailbreak and it then tells me to open the evasion7 app on my ipad. however the app crashes. I then deleted the app and tried again. 5 tries later it still doesn't work. So basically I have a "jailbroken" iPad that I cant us or restore due to evasion. Any help please? :-(
    01-01-2014 07:52 PM
    Restore from back up via iTunes...re-jailbreak device and install the stuff you need in the order which is required to properly use these jailbreak features.
    01-01-2014 07:54 PM
    CLEARLY YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. I have tried to restore but can't because stupid Evasion. >:-( . Also ur answer makes no sense
    I think he was trying to help you. No need to ALL CAP him. Maybe if you would've done all your research prior to jailbreaking you wouldn't be in this situation.

Why not try it in the order he's saying? It may just work.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    01-01-2014 09:32 PM
    You need to place ipad into DFU mode, then restore. Simple fix
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-01-2014 09:45 PM
    K. Any other way?
    01-01-2014 10:04 PM
    My answer makes perfect sense...you need to restore your device, re-jailbreak it, and then download iFile before you get into the rest of the stuff you were trying to do (you typed it, I don't really need to copy it again).

Given the information you gave about jailbreaking your device, I guess I just assumed you understood a simple task like restoring an iPhone. Perhaps you should refrain from jailbreaking your device if basic restores are beyond your capabilities. Evasion does not prevent DFU restores...if that is confusing to you, google it.

Also, your little angry face is hilarious.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-01-2014 11:18 PM
    K. Any other way?
    Your device WILL go into DFU mode. Just follow the instructions below to the letter. Note: When your device is in DFU mode, you will not see anything on its display.

Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions)

1. Plug your device into your computer.
    2. Turn off the device.
    3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
    4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
    5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
    6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode

*source: DFU Mode - The iPhone Wiki
    01-02-2014 12:09 PM