Hello! Evasi0n iOS 7.x jailbreak failed due to OTA ios 7 update

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I will soon post in the Introductions thread.

In this Forum ( Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi stuck in reboot loop after Evasi0n Jailbreak ) I read on this forum that people are having trouble Jailbreaking there iPad 2 WiFi-only.
There reason I'm post is Two:

1) That for people in this situation, that you can Hold the Power Button and then when it is Off, you disconnect the USB out from the iPad (Whatever iDevice that you are using to Jailbreak, iPad/2/3/4/Air/iPhone4/4s/5/5c/5s/iPod 3 and up) and (make sure the USB is connected to the PC/Mac) then connect the iDevice end back in at the same time hold the Home Button (Just the Home Button) keep holding until it come up with the iTunes recovery icon.

HT1808--connect_to_itunes-001-en.png

and then on iTunes (if its not yet opened then open it :p) it should show a little window with this:

iphonerecoverymode072513.jpeg

Then Update your iDevice to the Latest iOS 7, if you are updated to the latest iOS 7 then it will restore your iDevice to Default settings without the need to downloading the Latest iOS 7

2) Is a question I would like to ask, and it is if I update my iPad 2 WiFi-only via iTunes will the Jailbreak work? Because this (above) Loop Rebooting happened to me, I read in this website:

Evasi0n7 iOS 7 Untethered Jailbreak: How to Fix Issues with Jailbreak

ibtimes said:
Quite a number of iOS users have reported that their devices are getting stuck at the Apple logo after the jailbreak process. The evad3rs say that this problem occurs if the device is updated to any version of iOS 7 via OTA.

that for people who installed the update to their iPad 2s that the Jailbreak successfully installed.

Thanks for all the replys I get.

Bj007pro

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The person giving you that advice is trying to teach you how to use DFU, but they don't understand it themselves.

Last I heard, there was a known issue with the iPad 2. They (the devs) are working to resolve it. Until they do that, the iPad 2 isn't able to be jailbroken.

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The person giving you that advice is trying to teach you how to use DFU, but they don't understand it themselves.

Last I heard, there was a known issue with the iPad 2. They (the devs) are working to resolve it. Until they do that, the iPad 2 isn't able to be jailbroken.

ibtimes said:
Quite a number of iOS users have reported that their devices are getting stuck at the Apple logo after the jailbreak process. The evad3rs say that this problem occurs if the device is updated to any version of iOS 7 via OTA.

Yeah, but it said by ibtimes (Above Quote) it was only happening to any iPad 2 (WiFi) that was updated OTA, it id say anything about through iTunes

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The information via the following link should be read prior to making any jailbreak decisions, in my opinion.

Why you should wait to jailbreak iOS 7 | iMore

Editor Allyson Kazmucha said:
Since you normally need to restore via iTunes, not OTA, in order for a jailbreak to work, there's nothing wrong with backing up and restoring via iTunes on iOS 7.0.4 now.

See, it even says here to download iOS 7.0.4 on your iDevice via iTunes to work

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but it said by ibtimes (Above Quote) it was only happening to any iPad 2 (WiFi) that was updated OTA, it id say anything about through iTunes

Quote taken from the evasi0n website:

http://evasi0n.com

"Warning! We have reports that the iPad 2 (wifi) is not yet compatible with the jailbreak and will certainly get stuck in a reboot loop. Avoid trying evasi0n on that model till we make further investigations."

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Warning! We have reports that the iPad 2 (wifi) is not yet compatible with the jailbreak and will certainly get stuck in a reboot loop. Avoid trying evasi0n on that model till we make further investigations.

That is copy/pasted from evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs If you're going to ask for help, don't argue about sources when you get the help you requested. The information you want is on the page the tool comes from. If you can't read all the way down that, you really shouldn't be complaining about sources.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2