iMessage problems

I

iMore Question

I am trying to change my iMessages from email to my phone number but it will not let me click on my number. It shows up grey. How do I change this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are saying that your phone number is grayed out in the "Start New Conversation From" section of the Messages settings then do the following:

1. Go to Settings->Messages and then disable iMessage.
2. Reboot your device.
3. Re-enable iMessage and try again.

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to change my iMessages from email to my phone number but it will not let me click on my number. It shows up grey. How do I change this?

If it shows up as grey, that means that's your default address. The email there that allows you to click on it is a secondary address that you can also be reached at on that device.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
iPhone's will always show number as grey.

That is default.

On other devices your number will be added and email address can be unchecked.

I have all my device set to my number only.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are two places within those settings that display the device's phone number.

The "You Can Be Reached By Message At" option will have the phone number grayed out with a checkmark in front of it, however, the "Start New Conversation From" option will not. That can be changed at will. The OP can always be reached via phone number. He just needs to add additional Apple IDs to which he or she would prefer to be reached via iMessage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2