Apple Store vs Verizon

I

iMore Question

I am considering getting the new iPhone 5s but am not sure what the advantage is to get it at Verizon Store or the Apple Store. The Apple Store says that they can get me the exact same plan and also provide a better service on the phone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Verizon no longer offers Apple+ care insurance. I had to call Apple to put Apple+ care on my two 5s's. Asurion the Verizon based insurance charges $200 for a replacement and Apple+ only $79, however if you lose your phone, you only have to pay $200 for a refurbished iphone with Asurion where as with Apple+ you have to pay the full price of the iPhone. Both stores offer the same plans:D. Better service is up to the carrier not the manufactor

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm not with Verizon but with Att. I buy mine from Apple due Att charging me tax on retail and Apple charging me tax on upgrade pricing. When I buy 2 64 GB's, it's a difference of around $40 per phone for me.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You can still get apple care if you go through Verizon. Just bring it in within 30 days of purchase to an apple store and add it on. I believe they can also do it through an app with diagnostics. If I had a choice (I have to go through Verizon employee accounts) I would go to apple. Just a better overall experience IMO

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You can still get apple care if you go through Verizon. Just bring it in within 30 days of purchase to an apple store and add it on. I believe they can also do it through an app with diagnostics. If I had a choice (I have to go through Verizon employee accounts) I would go to apple. Just a better overall experience IMO

Well in a manner of speaking, you can have a Verizon iPhone but can't get Apple Care thru Verizon

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There's really no benefit of using either one as a preference for the initial purchase because you can get the same thing at both (with the exception of Apple Care +, as spencerdl pointed out, but that can be easily added over the phone)...personally, I always go to the Apple store because it's convenient to me and I don't particularly like the attitudes at carrier stores (since they like to offer their "opinions" on the products I'M buying...lol). The crowds can certainly turn someone off from the Apple store, but when I'm actually buying something, I've never had to wait more than 10-15min. for service (and our local stores are always completely packed and chaotic).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Right that's why I said you need to bring it in to an apple store within 30 days of purchase

Exactly. I was kinda shock that I had to get Apple+Care over the phone instead of at Verizon.....SMILE. The serial numbers told the Apple rep when the phones were bought. Glad I didn't have to go into ATL for the closest Apple store to me

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I won't lie: I make the 35 mile trek to our local Apple Store instead of driving 5 miles to the local VZN store every two years on my "iPhone Run" because I think it's just cool to shop there! Sure, I could go to Verizon but why?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2