Jailbroken iPhone 3g white screen, but still functional

I

iMore Question

I recently bought a jailbroken iPhone 3g a few days ago, and it has been functioning fine. I downloaded a few tweaks, themes, apps, and they all worked fine. However, this morning I checked my iphone and all it shows is a white screen. When the screen goes to sleep, instead of turning off it just dims. Also, both when the screen is asleep and when it is awake the "white" screen isn't purely white; there are thin, randomly colored lines running vertically on the screen. Interestingly, my iPhone still functions fine. I can unlock it by sliding where the slider would be, and I can play music since I've memorized the buttons for the ipod app. What's going on? I'm really inexperienced in jailbreaking matters. What should I do?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't think this is a software issue although it COULD be. It sounds more like a hardware issue. I believe your screen is damaged. Was it exposed to moisture or dropped?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It could be both hardware or one of the Jailbreak tweaks. What you're describing on a computer would either be a graphic card that is toast or if the OS had a resolution set too high. So while you're hardware could be broken since it is such an old model. It is also possible one of the JB tweaks or apps has messed up the file system. The best thing to do is going to be reloading the OS and re-JB the device. Did you JB it or did it come JBen? If you reload the OS and the phone still has the same problem then you know the hardware is the problem. If you reload the OS and the screen becomes responsive again then you know it was one of your tweaks or apps. It can be quite frustrating and a pain to reload the OS I've done it a few times. If you know the version of the OS that it was on download the ipsw and get the JB tools you used to do the JB in the first place. Put the device into DFU mode and reload the OS with your ipsw.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost