Wireless charging and screen dimming

jeffdanger

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
When I wirelessly charge my Iphone 12 it dims the screen after about 10 minutes due to heating of phone. Take off charger for 5 minutes and full brightness returns after cool down. The phone just gets warm--not hot but screen dims to about 25% every time. Should I get this replaced or do all the 12's do this? IOS 15 running on it now and phone is two months old.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you think it’s a problem then I recommend you discontinue using the wireless charge and charge your iPhone the traditional way. It’s possible the wireless charger is defective.

jeffdanger

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So I tried an experiment--charged phone with off brand wireless charger(it's my car mount) and it heats up phone enough to cause screen dimming but when using an Apple MagSafe wireless charger it does not. Based on this, I guess not all wireless chargers are the same and maybe even may damage your phone if used.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As a rule of thumb, I do not trust all third-party brands. If it's made by Apple, and it works well, then I would stick with that. I was looking at a dual USB-c charger on Amazon just yesterday. I liked it, it had good reviews, and the price was right. However, I didn't recognize the name of the manufacturer. So, I spent another $6 on a brand that I recognize and trust.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I tried an experiment--charged phone with off brand wireless charger(it's my car mount) and it heats up phone enough to cause screen dimming but when using an Apple MagSafe wireless charger it does not. Based on this, I guess not all wireless chargers are the same and maybe even may damage your phone if used.

Glad you tested and found it to be the charger. Thanks for reporting back!!!

Krisha J

Sep 28, 2021
Visit site

Thank god, seen this post.
:huh:
Just planned to get a wireless charger, Now i had to think of that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods