December Challenge Achievement

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
What's your December Monthly Challenge?

I got a notification just now (0351HRS PT) on my Watch that all I need is 602 Exercise Minutes. That a piece of cake even for me. My regular Outdoor Walk will exceed that handily.

What's your Challenge and who's in?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go for it. As for me, I will restart my fitness program in January. This is the longest I’ve ever gone without doing some sort of exercise and mentally, it’s driving me insane. Thankfully, I still look good...() even though my 6-pack isn’t as defined as it used to be.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I need to average 135 minutes of exercise per day to get my badge... Ill get that no problem so I can continue on my journey of not missing a single badge ??????

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have to go at least 196.4 miles. I averaged 6 per day in November (unfortunately, the Health app doesn't give the total, just the average), so 6.33 miles/day should be do-able.

[edit] The December challenge notification finally came up and said that I went 178.3 miles in November. Good news; one extra day in December. Bad news; I have a personal rule to never work out on Christmas Day.

I'm fascinated to know how these challenges are chosen for people, by the way. Whether exercise minutes, closing rings, distance, number of workouts, etc., are just randomly chosen, if there is some sort of formula/algorithm, etc.

Last edited:

Anbaco

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I just wondering why my December challenge still not show up. Is that normal? I want to complete but not show up. Anyone else with that problem?

maggs9732

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
I have to do at least 435.3 km (270.5 miles) this month. Does anyone know if there is a way to capture distance with the indoor cycling? It seems this badge is for people who just run or who live in a place where it is currently summer. 2 or 3 days a week I swim (for a whole 2 km day) and 2 or 3 days I cycle indoor for a good 20 km but it doesn't count. I will struggle with this badge if I can't capture my indoor cycling. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine is to average 815 calories per day. That’s achievable but definitely challenging!

A weird thing has happened. My December Challenge was to accumulate 24,450 calories for the month. Yesterday, I looked to check on my progress, and to my amazement I have a new and entirely different challenge. NOW, my challenge is to average 105 exercise minutes per day (something by the way that is completely unrealistic).

I'm guessing this is part of the ongoing AW-iPhone X sync glitch whereby my AW achievements only appear 2-4 days after I accomplish them. For example, right now my last Longest Move Streak badge appears for last Saturday.

Has anyone else seen a change in their challenge??

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I just wondering why my December challenge still not show up. Is that normal? I want to complete but not show up. Anyone else with that problem?
I have the same problem?! Mine hasn’t shown up yet?!

If it's not showing up, I have no idea why that may be.

But are you looking for it in the right place?

iPhone > Activity > Achievements > shaded 12/2017 badge and you'll see your December Challenge under the badge.

I need to average 135 minutes of exercise per day to get my badge...

I went on O[SUB]2[/SUB] after just reading that! ROFL

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to average 63 minutes of exercise a day. at first I thought that this would be a cinch but I didn't factor in my test e days. Doesn't seem like I'm going to get this month's badge.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Dec 2017.jpg

I needed 602 Exercise Minutes to get my badge. I had 641 as of 13 Dec, but my badge didn't show up until today. It's the first time it's take over maybe 10min at the very longest, if that. But it's here, now.

My first Monthly Challenge was Oct., and needed a daily average of 54min a day and that was tough, but I got it. I skipped November because it required a ridiculously high number of calories burned and there was no way I could do that.

Apple must have had pity for me as this one was pretty easy. I averaged 43+ Exercise Minutes so far. It'll be about 50 by the end of the month. Got a ways to go before I can even see bamf-hacker on the horizon!

Doesn't seem like I'm going to get this month's badge.
How are you doing, so far?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 121184

I needed 602 Exercise Minutes to get my badge. I had 641 as of 13 Dec, but my badge didn't show up until today. It's the first time it's take over maybe 10min at the very longest, if that. But it's here, now.

My first Monthly Challenge was Oct., and needed a daily average of 54min a day and that was tough, but I got it. I skipped November because it required a ridiculously high number of calories burned and there was no way I could do that.

Apple must have had pity for me as this one was pretty easy. I averaged 43+ Exercise Minutes so far. It'll be about 50 by the end of the month. Got a ways to go before I can even see bamf-hacker on the horizon!

Congratulations!
I need to complete 13 more workouts before I complete this month’s challenge.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 121184

I’m at 50 minutes. Hoping I can still make it