What can Series 3 with LTE do that GPS-only Series 3 cannot ? OF course, this does not include phon

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I am interested in what the LTE Series 3 watch can do that the GPS Series 3 cannot besides phone calls. If you have nto enabled LTE, is there any other advantage?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am interested in what the LTE Series 3 watch can do that the GPS Series 3 cannot besides phone calls. If you have nto enabled LTE, is there any other advantage?

Your question is hard to parse, I think because of typos. However, I think you are asking what you can do with an activated cellular Series 3 that you cannot do if you have not activated cellular, or are using a GPS only Series 3.

If so, see https://www.imore.com/apple-watch-series-3-cellular-vs-gps-only-whats-difference

The Series 3's LTE coverage lets you do anything solo on the Apple Watch that you can do when tied to your iPhone's data. That includes placing calls, receiving messages, using Siri, navigating via Maps, playing with third-party apps, and just about anything else.

So, it depends on whether your phone is with you or not; it depends on whether you have a WiFi connection or not.

If you do not have your phone with you, and are not connected to WiFi, the cellular watch with cellular enabled can do those things listed above. With a GPS only watch, or with the cellular not activated on the watch, without a phone or WiFi connection, you can do workouts, play music that is previously stored on the watch, see what time it is, see what information was stored on the watch when you last accessed it. If you have previously set up Apple Pay on the watch, you can pay for things with Apple Pay. (You don't need a network connection to pay for things with Apple Pay.) That's about all I can think of.

If you have your phone with you, there isn't much difference. If your watch is connected to a previously known WiFi access point (for some reason, such as you are at home connected to your own WiFi but left your phone at work by mistake), it also isn't much different.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
One thing that the Series 3 LATE can do even without LTE enabled that the GPS-only watch cannot is have more music downloaded to it. On the non-LTE watches, you are limited to 2 gigabytes. On the LTE watches, you can get 6 gigabytes of music. Is there anything else that the LTe watch can do that the non-LTE cannot?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The cellular can be used on its own. I have gone to the grocery store, walking, and have left my phone at home. I can still make calls, etc. I like the freedom it gives if I elect to not have my phone with me. And there are those times I am glad I hav the option, particularly when I want to do something outside.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711