[REVIEW] Nomad Modern Straps for Apple Watch Series 4

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/20ihBwGuwl4

Nomad has been making leather products for about 10 years now, and I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing quite a few of their products over the past year. I’ve reviewed their phone cases, a couple of wallets, and even a leather mouse pad – yes, a genuine leather mouse pad! I am happy that they are always willing to indulge my obsession with electronics and accessories, and in fact, that’s why I’m here today. Nomad was kind enough to send me out one of their fancy leather straps for my new Apple Watch Series 4, which I’m here to talk about now. Say hello to the Nomad products Modern Strap for the Apple Watch Series 4.

1.jpg

The Look: The presentation on any Nomad product is top-notch. The packaging is one of their well-designed boxes with the picture of the product on the front, which then slides out to display the watchstraps. The watchstraps are made from the same American made Horween Leather, which has been around since 1905. The packaging and watch straps look great inside the packaging, but they look even better once you take them out and attach them to your Apple Watch. These leather straps and others are available for the 42mm and 44mm Apple Watch Series 4 – and they even have other ones for previous models. The leather is pristine and pairs great with the watch. I have the regular model AWS4 with the Black silicone bands, which work just fine – but of course, they aren’t leather! I am a big fan of leather accessories, which is probably one of the reasons I’m such a fan of Nomad’s products. If you can get your hands on some high quality leather, you’ll never go back – unless you have to for work/outdoor activities, etc… The watch straps have a natural sheen to them that shows off the full-grain leather, letting you know that it’s high quality. The straps are also available in Rustic Brown, and Slate Gray – the hardware is even available in Silver, as opposed to the Black hardware on this version.

2.jpg
3.jpg

Class and Style: One of the biggest complaints that I hear about the Apple Watch is that it doesn’t look professional. I don’t want to confuse the word professional with “nice”, or “expensive”, because I think it’s pretty much unarguable that the Apple watch is nice, and looks/feels expensive as well. Well, when it comes to professional environments and certain events, the Apple Watch can definitely look a step-down from a Tag Heuer, or a Tissot watch. That’s where these leather straps come in. Not only are the leather straps lighter and seemingly more comfortable, but they also help take your Apple Watch game up a notch, by adding some class and… leather. The Nomad Modern Straps definitely look suave and help make your watch look that much more refined, which helps to water down the “doesn’t look professional” argument. I was happy wearing my Apple Watch before with the basic straps, but I feel even more comfortable wearing my watch with my suit now that I have these leather straps on.

5.jpg
6.jpg

Versatility and Cost: Nomad’s Modern Straps are super nice, and super versatile. Not only will they work with the new Series 4 Watch 42/44mm, but they are also backwards compatible with every previous version of the Apple Watch, meaning you can pop them off and put them on the Series 1, 2, or 3, as well. I thought this was a novel feature that needed to be mentioned, because one of the novel features of the Apple Watch is being able to quickly and easily change your bands, at your convenience. If you have a Series 3 or prior watch, and also own a Series 4, it’s really nice to be able to pick and choose which strap you want to wear and when you want to wear it. With regard to cost, some people may have some heartache here. The straps cost $59.95, which is one spicy meatball for a lot of people. The watch already cost $400 just to get your foot in the door, so why would you want to spend even more money? Well, the base model is perfectly fine and the included straps are very versatile as well. They are a nice neutral color that can be work with most anything, but it’s not leather, and it doesn’t exude the same level of class and quality that the stock straps have. Sure, it cost a little more, but the price is very much similar to Apple’s additional bands, and other various manufacturers. Of course, it’s purely for aesthetics and choice, and not a requirement at all. Do you need additional straps? No, not at all. Do you need to spend $50 on a pair of leather wrist straps? Absolutely not. But… if it tickles your fancy and you feel like you need to add a little extra class and sophistication to your watch, then I think you’ll be very happy with these.

7.jpg
8.jpg

Conclusion: Nomad’s Modern Straps are the accessory you didn’t know that you wanted for your Apple Watch. I never really thought it when I first got my Apple Watch. I was perfectly content living in my own little silicone watch strap world, and then I realized that there was something better out there … leather straps by Nomad. Not only that, but they match my phone case. My wife makes fun of me because I’m not the most fashion oriented person, but I take the extra time to make sure that my watch and phone case match - #firstworldproblems . If you’re looking for something to treat yourself with this year or have some extra money laying around and want a pair of fancy leather Apple Watch straps in your life, then these are for you. If you prefer to take your Apple Watch surfing and mountain climbing, then you may not want to invest in these – unless it’s for professional and casual events. I give these watchstraps two thumbs up!

9.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up a set of Nomad’s Modern Straps for your Apple Watch Series 4 (or lower), then you can find them over on their website for $59.95 - https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...p-black-leather-black-hardware&token=xPFQo6nu - Again, the straps come in Black, Slate Gray and Rustic Brown, and you can get them with Black or Silver hardware! The choice is yours! As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them down in the comments section.

Last edited:

gregski

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using their Sport Strap for my AW3 and now on my AW4 and love the quality of them. Might have to take a look at the leather straps now.

Photo Dec 17, 3 41 16 PM.jpg

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I love their products. It's a great band. It looks really good with the watch. It's also nice that they are backwards compatible with previous versions of the watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro