Do you turn your watch off?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Is there ever a time you turn your watch off?.
I charge it up when I get home and will shut it off after charging.
Or do you always keep it on?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve kept all of my Apple products on all the time. As for my Watch, I tend to let it charge overnight with the Apple dock

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there ever a time you turn your watch off?.
Or do you always keep it on?

I’ve had my Watch for 2½ years or so and I may have turned it off a total of 5 times during that timeframe. In fact, I turned it off yesterday during our weekly company meeting with the CEO because I kept getting audible email notifications from clients. Anyway, to answer your question, I *typically* leave it powered on 24/7.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Always on unless there are issues. I’ve rebooted it a few times when I realized I missed a notification but it’s rare.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

You'll may experience better battery life doing that.

As I have multiple Watches, I'll charge one and turn it off when I'm expecting to wear a different one the next day. Otherwise I put it on the charger at night and leave it there until I put it on the next day.

If the timing allowed, I'd be tempted to charge it before bedtime, and then take it off the charger when fully charged and store it someplace handy, but without turning it off. This assumes that the Watch is tweaked not to lose a lot of juice over night.

Last edited:

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure if Lithium Ion battery chemistry has changed, but it's always been my understanding that it is not good to let a Lith-ion battery become fully discharged. If I saw that my battery was getting really low, I would turn the phone off until I could get it on the charger.

The way i use mine, it typically has about 60% battery left at the end of the day, so I just put it on the charger, then put it on in the morning. It asks me to sign in at that time, but I do not think it has been off, just locked.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I've never turned off my Apple Watch too unless if there's any occasion that I won't need to wear the Apple Watch, which is rare.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I turn it off when I clean it, which I do every week to two weeks or so. (The problem is that most of the time when I am cleaning it I hold the stupid button by mistake at it turns on anyway.) Series 2, but I'd do the same with the S3.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77